AND SHE SAID YES
Eight YEARS AGO TODAY
When I lay and think, in my bed at night,
the day you’ll arrive, seems nowhere in sight.
I toss and I turn, dreaming of you,
opening my eye’s… checking if my dream came true.
It didn’t, again, and a tear starts to roll,
weeping quietly… my pillow I hold.
Many sleepless nights I’ve prayed for you, my love.
God touched my soul from heaven above
He’s answered my prayers for my bride to be.
I’ve never felt this lucky, God did this for me.
That’s a question I asked each and every night.
He must think your special, Joy, and I know he’s right.
No other has made me feel so complete,
my whole life was lived, just so we could meet.
All these thoughts and more going through my head.
I fall asleep not worrying, but dreaming of you… instead.
Author: David G Teves
My love for you is deeper than the deepest ocean know
My love for you is higher than the astronauts have flown
My love for you is wider than the widest of the seas
My love for you is sweeter than the honey from the bees
My love for you grows stronger with each passing day
And in these simple words I am trying to say
It is a love which will last till time is though
For there is love in my heart for no one but you
And the reason I am sending this Valentine
Is in hope that one day you will be mine
By Ron Martin
Will you be my valentine?
Will you share my shame?
Will you be my everything,
Even when I have no game?
Will you suffer my agony,
Will you dwell in my mind,
Will you spend days with me
Even when I’ve mentally died?
Will you be there when I cease,
Will you cure my disease?
Will you be there forever,
Till death do us part?
Will you hold my hand as we grow old
When life simply tears us apart?
Will you comfort me in my gloom?
Or will you be my impending doom?
Will you share with me bed time stories
Even when we have no good glories?
Will you just simply be
My valentine elegy
I have a broken heart
That I have tried so hard to mend
I placed all of my trust in you
I thought you were my friend,
You took your love away
And gave it someone else
I’m now left with a broken heart
That I’ve placed upon the shelf,
Each day I try to repair it
The pieces are scattered everywhere
It will be so hard to mend,
But I’m not going anywhere
So each day I will continue
To fix my broken heart,
Though you will always try
To tear me apart
I hope your new love
keeps her heart intact,
The truth is…
I never want you back
I remember all my Valentines
They are deep within my heart
Every one was so special
Until the day we had to part
You see my loved one past away
After many years together
All the memories of Valentines Day
To me I will always treasure
Red roses were always given to me
And a candlelit meal for two
Every time Valentines comes around
My everlasting love I send to you
And on this special day
I place by your picture frame
A bunch of red roses in memory
To ease my heartache and pain
Tulips. According to Patch, pink tulips are a good flower choice for relationships when that aren’t quite at the passionate love stage yet. But Life123.com reports that a red tulip is a “declaration of love” and white ones signify “beautiful eyes.” Given these meanings, giving tulips for a loved one is never a bad idea, either.
1) With the earth and the sky and the water, remade, like a casket of gold For my dreams of your image that blossoms a rose in the deeps of my heart.
-The Rose in the Deeps of His Heart
William Butler Yeats
2) Come live with me and be my love, And we will all the pleasures prove, That valleys, groves, hills and fields, Woods or steepy mountains yields.
-The Passionate Shepherd to His Love
3) Her gesture, motion, and her smiles, Her wit, her voice my heart beguiles, Beguiles my heart, I know not why, And yet, I'll love her till I die.
-There is a lady sweet and kind
4) i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling
– i carry your heart with me
5) I love thee with the passion put to use In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith. I love thee with a love I seemed to lose With my lost saints,--I love thee with the breath, Smiles, tears, of all my life!--and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death.
– How Do I Love Thee?
Elizabeth Barrett Browning
6) I wish I could remember the first day, First hour, first moment of your meeting me; If bright or dim the season it might be; Summer or winter for aught I can say. So, unrecorded did it slip away, So blind was i to see and to forsee, So dull to mark the budding of my tree That would not blossom, yet, for many a May. - The First Day Christina Rossetti SEND YOUR LOVE POEMS TO FEATURE ON THIS SITE FOR OUR VALENTINES DAY SPECIAL E-MAIL email@example.com SUBJECT- LOVE VALENTINE POEMS
My heart aches at your face
My heart strings- fragile, moulds bale.
lively blossom-mottled cheek,
Drips, my sorrow – your Bridal
Veil in bleak.
Upon the mirror of my love
Twinkles, your glorious beauty preen.
Entombed into me, your soul,
Now, bade me disfigured –
My arms- tender, longs for
Seeks your vision to embrace you.
Hold me; I will
cede you my heart’s pulse,
I will resuscitate your sleeping
title-2-Drips, charismatic beads….
dawn’s opalescent sky,
Transient strokes, infinite grace.
Drips, charismatic beads from on high,
Onto the caravan of veins, slumbering solace.
Rejoices, Splashes of green
Beads: crystal, reflecting light Prismatic: amber.
Flakes of dulcet tone, camouflaged slender,
Spout-symphony woven out of air.
spreads on Sepal’s palm,
Dew: beads, slithers, Voyage-sinuous.
Gleams -At the apex of ladybug’s charm,
spherical, ecstasy, pearly-gloss.